Friday 31 October 2014

My Happy Halloween Nail Art Extravaganza!!

Spooky Greetings All!

Happy Halloween!!

So, my excitement has led to me creating too many manicures. Strangely at the same time I feel like I didn't do enough!

Today I have my final four manicures to share with you. It's mostly down to poor planning. No, wait, I mean I totally meant to do it this way!

First up my actual Halloween manicure, on my nails right now. I've been buried alive!









I love how gross and gory these look! And the nude base (OPI Catch The Garter) looks so fleshy, it's brilliant! This is nearly an all OPI affair - the 'earth' is Suzi Loves Cowboys, with a little Collection 2000 Shadow on the very tips. The 'blood' is Got The Blues For Red and Visions Of Love. I cleaned up a bit, but I've deliberately left my cuticles messy. It would look very weird otherwise!

Next up, sugar spun cobwebs.






I've seen a few people use this technique for cobwebs, and it's a great idea! I'm not sure how 'webby' these look (I could have done with another spider to illustrate it better like I did with my pink ones!), but it is quite a striking look.



I couldn't have Halloween without a few pumpkins!







The polish is Candy Corn from The Nail Junkie, topped with some fun stickers I got from eBay a couple of years ago. They're pretty transparent, and they take a surprising amount of topcoat to smooth them down, but they're so cute I forgive them!

Finally a recreation of the graveyard nails I did a couple of weeks ago. I basically just wanted to wear them again!







I used the same polishes as last time, except I had to stamp with W7 Black instead of Konad. It stamps pretty well, but it's no Konad! I lost my bottle - not just misplaced, but up-and-left-me lost (spooky?). Thankfully a new bottle arrived today! The stamps are from MoYou Gothic 04 and Festive 15.

I'm a little bit gutted that I have to post 'normal' nails tomorrow! I've had a great October, and I hope you all have a great Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Your current nails are disgustingly epic! I like how you have done the spider web too, I can't seem to get the sugar spun thing working for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.