Monday 13 October 2014

Halloween Nail Art - Gravestones

Greetings All!

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think I may have my nail mojo back. I've had a bit of a tough year and not even nail art was bringing me much pleasure. But if anything can make me happy, it's Halloween nail art! I have that rare combination of time, motivation and ideas, and I'm also really enjoying what I'm creating. I've had a really busy week or so, with lots of inspiration and lots of nail art that I'm really excited to share with you!

Today I have nails that look like gravestones.






I started with a base of OPI Suzi Takes The Wheel. I'll confess this slightly putty tinged grey isn't the sort of polish I'd wear on its own, but obviously it has its place and use in my collection!

I made decals for the stamps, in an effort to get them placed just right. I've previously used SV for decals, but it's a bit too thick. I was recommended to use basecoat instead. In this case I've used Essie Grow Richer, and it was way too thin! Handling the decals was a bit like handling gold leaf, and they were so thin they stuck onto dry polish! I haven't given up experimenting though, and I can confirm that a thicker basecoat does work very well.

The stamps are from MoYou Gothic 01 and 06, and I stamped with Boots Seventeen in Smoke Signal. I then  added some grass with Sally Hansen Grass Slipper, and Color Club Wild Cactus and Artsy Craftsy. I've also used Asda Matte Topcoat.

2 comments:

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.