Friday 18 July 2014

Imagine Dragon Scales

Greetings All!

So, Summer has definitely made it's presence felt here this week! Here in the South East it's 30C today (about 86F for all you internationals!), which is just about as hot as it gets in the UK. Cue people walking about nearly naked (when most of them are best kept covered), and society grinding to a halt because no one can cope with the heat. Next week they'll be complaining that the hot weather is gone, however!

I've been taking it easy - plenty of cold drinks, and a snooze in the afternoon whenever possible. That's the same thing I do all year round though!

Today's nails reflect this weather in no way. I just thought I'd acknowledge it so that later I can pinpoint when Summer was (that week in July).




Polish Addict Imagine Dragons is the base for this manicure - two coats over Sally Hansen Insta Dri in S-teal a Base. It's lovely, but a little sheer, hence the undies. I have this thing lately where my nails have to look like the polish in the bottle, and nothing else will do. I like to think I'm getting rather good at picking a base though, or rather my collection is so big now, I'm bound to have the right shade!

As my circle glitter fishing trip proved rather unsuccessful (I think I got two in total), I decided to go for a bit of stamping. I used Mentality Dapper and MoYou London Sailor XL 05 for the scales. Admittedly, they don't look super Dragon-y to me - the Dragons in my head are a darker green, or red or purple! Maybe more Mermaid scales...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.