Wednesday 25 June 2014

UK Indies - Freckles Polish Holiday Destinations Swatches

*These products were provided at a discount for review*

Greetings All!

It's now officially Summer, and Freckles Polish are launching a Holiday Destinations collection this Friday (27th), filled with polishes themed on favourite...well, holiday destinations! I have two to share with you today, both beautifully Summery, and very evocative of holidays.

First is Greek Islands. I'm a sucker for blue and white as they look soo good together, and this is no exception! Greece conjures up images of white buildings and gorgeous blue sea, and this polish is a great homage to that. This is two coats, with no undies.




There are large gold circles in the mix, but unfortunately the second coat has covered them up. You can catch a glimpse of them n the second picture. Personally I'm not sure they're needed, as the blue and white are so pretty together, but I'm not about to advocate not having big gold circles in any polish! It's so clean and fresh looking. I was very impressed with the coverage - with white based polishes, I always have the question of whether I need a plain white base, but I definitely didn't need one here. Excellent coverage in just two coats.

Next is Koh Phangan. Famous for its Full and Half Moon parties, this is a neon glitter topper that echoes the bright lights, glow sticks, and general party atmosphere! Here I'm wearing two coats over black and white.




I much prefer solid neon glitter to the translucent type, because just look at that neon over black! Don't get me wrong, it's also pretty over the white, but they just seem to 'pop' so much more over black. I also really like the mix of sizes and shapes here. It's so bright and fun!


This collection is released this Friday, along with part two of The Happy Hour Holo Collection (more on that tomorrow! Squee!). You can buy them on Etsy, and keep up to date on releases, news and swatches on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.