Monday 2 June 2014

Feather Nails!

Greetings All!

Regular visitors will know that on a Monday I usually try to post a work-appropriate manicure. I know many of you are lucky enough to be able to wear whatever you want on your nails at work, and that the meaning of 'work-appropriate' varies, so I just wanted to clarify that I mean the stereotype of no bright or dark colours, no fun etc. Neutral colours, subtle nail art. I am in no way suggesting that that's what we should all have to wear!

Today, however, I have something completely different. This is my first ever attempt at feather nails! I bought a Ciate Feathered Manicure Set from Fragrance Direct a while ago, actually I ended up buying all three sets (they're only £5.99 each, and I have seen them elsewhere online for £20!). I had previously bought packets of feathers, but I much prefer these kits. The one I've used here, All A Flutter, has different coloured feathers, scissors, a base colour and top coat, and a file block, so it has everything you need!

This is my first attempt, so it isn't perfect by any means. That's what has put me off sharing it, but I'm planning another one soon (because nothing says Summer like brown feathers!), so here it is, imperfections and all!






I decided to use OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons as a base, instead of the polish that came with the set (it was shimmery). Some of the feathers are a little bit straggly, but I don't think it's too bad for my first try (I expect perfection every time. I just never get it!).

4 comments:

  1. I love this look so much. :) That green one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I really like this! Good job, I bet it's a right fiddle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing I love the colours

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.