Sunday 29 December 2013

Prepare To Get Sick Of The Sight Of This...

Greetings All!

I'm making an effort to get back into blogging regularly. I wasn't away for long, but it was surprisingly easy to get out of the habit!

While I took a break, I was still busy with polish. I've now swatched all my mainstream polishes - no more untrieds!!!  I still have untried indies, but they don't really count (I need something new and pretty waiting to be worn, or I'll just buy more! The pile does help me whittle down my shopping baskets though). I did just realise I have a few Color Club sets looking at me from the corner - oops! Still, it feels good to not have a big tray of polish sitting there.

I've also been practicing my next 'technique I want to master', the vertical gradient. I first tried them here for the 33DC (on some rather talonesque nails that I am still missing dearly!), and what I've basically done here is an exact recreation! I desperately want these to look like they do in my head, and red and black just seem to be the best colours to use!




It's an improvement - still not perfect, but better than last time! I should really try some other colours though...

9 comments:

  1. These look great - I KNOW this is a hard technique because I'm trying to master it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's quite tricky - I assumed it would be the same as doing a horizontal gradient, but it's harder!

      Delete
  2. OH MY WORD - this is stunning! I just love it. You will have to do a tutorial because I am smitted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'll do a tutorial as soon as I'm more confident with the technique (this was my second go!)

      Delete
  3. wow. the red looks a little orange-y but I love the fade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      That's my camera - red comes out orangey, and purple comes out bluey!

      Delete
  4. I'd say you have it mastered. Looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!

      I think I still have a way to go before I can say I've nailed it. I'll enjoy the practice though!

      Delete
  5. I love this!! I wish you would have matted the look! I bet that would have been breath taking!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.