Monday 7 October 2013

The Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33DC Day 7 - Art With Your Oldest Untried

Greetings All!

Untried polishes are a real thorn in my side. I have a huge untried collection. I just have too many polishes! There aren't enough days to wear all of them! Most of my 'tried' polishes are stored away in my Helmers, but my untried collection sits there, looking at me, taunting me. I feel sad for them - they want to be worn, and manipulated into nail art, but I won't let them! I'm so mean...

I do make an effort to use them (mostly with stamping over the top!), so here is another good excuse! I used a total of four untrieds for this manicure.





I'm not 100% certain that they are my bona fide oldest untrieds, but two of them I have had for over a year, and they're definitely up there with the oldest. Before you could get Sinful Colors in Boots, I would sometimes see them in pound shops. I was already reading blogs by this time, so I was aware of the brand, but you rarely see it in the UK, so I used to buy them when I saw them.

I started with Revlon Black Lingerie, then added a coat of Sinful Colors I Love You, a purple glitter. Then I did a sugar spun effect with SC Show Me The Way and Serena And Chloe (bottle pictured). Both these polishes I've had for over a year, untried. They're both quite sheer with sparkle, and I think they give a fun effect - plus they're Halloween colours!


4 comments:

  1. This is awesome girl!! So pretty! Its a perfect Halloween mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I hope no one gets bored with Halloween nails just yet - I have so many more lol

      Delete
  2. fantastic effect, love those colours together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I got to finally use them!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.