Wednesday 16 October 2013

The Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33DC - Day 11 3D

Greetings All!

A quick post today, as it my birthday! I am ridiculously tired, so let's just try and get through this without going off on a tangent!

Today's theme is 3D. Not my favourite theme - I love the concept, and I love looking at pretty pictures of 3D nail art, but it just isn't practical for me. I'm a picker, plus it feels like I'm always doing things with my hands and I always think they'll pop off!

However I do have quite a wide selection of 3D nail art bits, mostly from TarasTalons. She doesn't just sell polish! She has all kinds of nail art bits, from glitter, to flocking powder, to 3D embellishments. I've been wanting to try some for a while, so what better opportunity?






OK, so the red roses are just a little bit too big for me. The first time I reach into my pocket, they'd be gone, which is a real shame as they're so cute! The little black and white ones, on the other hand, are fabulous! I assumed they would be something like plastic or fimo, but they're actually made from rubber (or something rubbery!), which means they bend to sit perfectly on the nail, and they have a bit of give, so knocking one isn't automatically going to destroy my manicure! I have these in some other colours as well, and I can't wait to use them!

I stamped Boots 17 Smoke Signal and BM204 over Sally Hansen Dorian Grey, then stuck the flowers on with topcoat. Glue would work better, but this was a brief manicure!


5 comments:

  1. Wow love this! And happy birthday :D...i feel the same way about the practicalities of 3d bits and bobs but they look so good!Maybe I'll just get a new job.... lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm on holiday now for two weeks - I should fit a few 3D manicures in while I have the chance lol!

      Delete
  2. These nails are so pretty and I love the roses! Happy birthday too! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these really worked, the red flowers a bit too big but the rest is good. I like the colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a shame! A bit smaller and they would have been great!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.