Monday 12 August 2013

Rosey Doodles

Greetings All!

So how has the beginning of your week been? Mine started off lousy, but I got some good nail mail which always cheers me up!

Last week I was in TK Maxx trawling for polish. I came away with an OPI mini set, and this little Butter London beauty. I like BL polishes, but not the price tag, so I try to pick them up if I see them cheap. This one is called Billy No Mates, and is a lovely clean, slightly warm grey. Why do I like grey polish?! It's weird, but I really do!

I decided to do some stamping over it. I used a design from plate 7 of the new Cheeky jumbo plates, Home Sweet Home. It's full of pretty, and slightly weird stamps (coathangers?! Really?!). I also tried stamping with Sally Hansen Instr Dri in Cinna Snap, so I managed to use two untrieds for this one!





I think these slightly abstract, doodley little roses are so cute! My little finger didn't stamp too well, but we can't have it all, can we?

I love the combination of grey and dark red. It was also crying out for matte topcoat! Cinna Snap stamps really well, which I'm very happy about. Into the stamping polish section you go!

6 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH totally just discovered you're not typoing when you say TK Maxx. Here it's Tj Maxx. I was thinking, totally understandable, k is by j. but I decided to just google tk maxx for fun and DISCOVERIES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I believe they're the same company but yeah, a different letter for some reason!

      Delete
  2. I love this mani!! I love any shade of gray! I want to try some Butter London polishes but I will never pay full price. So until I find one on sale I will swoon everyone elses polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yeah, I don't think they're worth £12, but this one was £6, and a very nice colour.

      Delete
  3. That's nice! I got BL Billy No Mates in TKMaxx a couple of weeks ago too; I've not got round to wearing mine yet though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This went on my nails surprisingly quickly - I think it only took about three days! No waiting in the corner for Billy No Mates!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.