Sunday 11 August 2013

Purple Teardrops

Greetings All!

You're going to be seeing a lot of stamping round here (even more than usual!). Untried Mountain is still pretty massive, and the easiest way I can think of to work an untried polish into a manicure is to stamp over it! I get to test the polish out, but I also get to do a bit of nail art. I also have a lot of untried stamping images, so hopefully I can kill two problems with one manicure!

Some stamping plates I'm itching to use are the PUEEN ones - I've tried to find them on Amazon UK before, without luck. I'm not sure if it was me being dense, or whether they weren't easily available, but either way I have them now! There are some very nice, delicate images in them, which I prefer to the 'cute' ones, or the geometric, angular patterns. I'm not crazy about the little case though - I like the idea, but I don't have much faith in it lasting very long!

So today we have Barry M Bright Pink. Did you know that I have more pink polish than any other colour? I have nearly a full drawer of pink in my Helmer! I find this a little strange, not being a pink kind of girl at all. I stamped over it with Barry M Gelly in Plum, and PUEEN26.





This is such a pretty stamp! Done in gold or silver over a dark colour, it would look like jewellery, or a chandelier. Lovely! The pink is OK too - typical Barry M i.e. pretty flaming good. This was 2 easy, fast drying coats. Not the most unique shade of pink, but it's nice and light, but much brighter than pastel pink. The stamp is brilliant though. I daresay you'll be seeing more of this one!

7 comments:

  1. Really adore this Barry M colour. I usually just go straight to the Gelly polishes from there, but I think I might have a look at there full collection next time!

    Follow me on my blog: nailedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty, where did you end up getting the plates from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      They mysteriously appeared on Amazon! http://www.amazon.co.uk/PUEEN-2013-Nail-Stamp-Collection/dp/B00C8FWLG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376248673&sr=8-1&keywords=pueen and http://www.amazon.co.uk/PUEEN-2013-Nail-Stamp-Collection/dp/B00DETLWQU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376248673&sr=8-2&keywords=pueen

      Delete
    2. Ooo thanks very much! :D

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite images in the whole set!! I love the Pueen Love elements set because I love all the flowers! Such a pretty mani! I love the Barry M polishes! I wish I could try the gelly set here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first looked through them, this one immediately grabbed me! It's a great set generally too!

      Such a shame the UK postage rules are so stupid - else I would happily send you some! I think they are available at Ninja Polish though.

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.