Friday 30 August 2013

Llama Nails Nerd Challenge - Inspired by Hunger Games

Greetings All!

I'm sneaking in a quick second post, as it is Double Challenge Friday. The last one for a while, I'm afraid. I've decided to bow out of this challenge, as I really don't have any inspiration for the remaining themes, and I don't think it's fair to make some lame attempt, when the other ladies are creating such beautiful nail art each week.

This week the theme is yet again something I have no knowledge of. I haven't seen the films, or read the books.




Fortunately there is a lot of HG nail art out there! A quick Google Image search gave me plenty of inspiration! There were a lot of flame nails, which I like anyway, and I very much liked the look of these nails over at Misch's Beauty Blog. In the past I've always started with black, then painted the flames on, but this is kind of the opposite.





I started with Barry M Yellow, then sponged on some Sally Hansen All Fired Up and Right Said Red. Then I used W7 Black to paint the flame shapes, and fill it all in. I left a bit too much yellow at the bottom, so I added a little Barry M Gold Glitter to hide it!

I really like these - my flame shapes aren't perfect, but I love the sponge effect of the fire. I think it gives a much better effect than when I draw them onto the black. I think in future, I'll do them this way!





6 comments:

  1. so pretty I am a sucker for a flame manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! Such a fab effect! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I much prefer this way to painting the flames onto the black!

      Delete
  3. I really like these ones, I think you may be on to something doing them this way round :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I feel like I've been doing it wrong this whole time!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.