Friday 5 July 2013

Relaxed 31DC Week 19: Galaxy Nails

Greetings All!

I've been a bit absent this week, but I'm back in time for Double Challenge Friday! Later on I'll have some nerdy nails for you, but right now, galaxy nails for the relaxed 31dc!

I love galaxy nails - they were one of the first nail art techniques I learned, along with leopard print and butterfly wings. I always think I've messed them up - the wrong colors, or the wrong shape - but when they're all done and finished, they always look better than I thought they would! They're kind of...difficult to ruin lol. Plus I always think they look quite impressive.







You get bonus pictures of my left hand! Woot!







I used a heck of a lot of polishes for this one! Let's see, W7 Black, OPI Alpine Snow, The 'It' Colour, Koala-Bear-y, and Austintatious Turquoise, Barry M Key Lime, Blue Grape and Spring Green, 2 unnamed Beauty UK Purples, a creme and a shimmer, Revlon Varnished and Butter London Frilly Knickers. Phew!

Next week's theme is watermarbling. Hopefully I can pull it off!

In the meantime, check out some more galaxy nails!


12 comments:

  1. amazing! love how this turned out :D best one ive seen so far! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It did look a bit ropey when I was putting the colours on - it's the glitter and sparkle that saved it!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! The glitter really turns this up ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yes, the glitter really makes it - without the sparkle it was very flat and dull.

      Delete
  3. Pretty :) your nails are getting quite long now too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Ugh, don't. Every day I don't break one is a miracle! I really should file them down, but I just can't bear to do it!

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty!!! I still haven't tried this yet. I will add it to my try it list. I love the addition of the green I don't think I have ever seen galaxy nails with the green but it definitely creates more beauty in this mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You should try it - it's easy and hard to mess up!

      Delete
  5. Woooooh I love it ! so nice idea for a galaxy nail art =) !! mine is bad in comparison of yours xD lol
    You can add me to your new fan ^^ I really love your blog and all your pics !
    Kiss !
    Shoe (of Swatch My Nails)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm pretty happy with the finished product!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.