Friday 26 July 2013

Llama Nails Nerd Challenge - Inspired By Video Games

Greetings All!

Second post of the day! I've had a productive day organising polish. As my collection grows, I find myself having to rearrange everything in order to fit it all in! It's finally starting to come together though - my untried pile is even getting smaller! Mostly because I haven't been adding to it.

Confession! I did break my no-buy rule, last Friday and again today, but I don't feel too bad about it. I think if I can continue only buying the most special of polishes on occasion (instead of just buying it because it is there!), I'll do OK. No more buying polish because I am bored, or sad, or hungry lol.

Today I am being inspired by video games for the Llama Nails Nerd Challenge.





I do play video games, but not cool video games. I like Mario and Sonic, and games where you raise animals, like Hamsterz (I loved that game!). Lame video games. Childish video games. The best video games.

My favourite game of all is Animal Crossing, especially Wild World on the DS. I think there were a good three or four years where I played it every day. My favourite thing to do was create hybrid flowers! So here are my nails, based on the grass from Animal Crossing: Wild World.





Technically the grass in my town is triangles, but you can get circular grass, which was much easier to do! The base is OPI Jade Is The New Black, and the dots are Revlon Emerald and Color Club Sunrise Canyon.


Animal Crossing Wild World Game Cover.jpg
From Wikipedia






4 comments:

  1. It's a pretty combo! Wonderful where you can find inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I know, I love that the most obscure things can be inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Gah I really liked this game too, accidentally threw my black DS across the bedroom and it broke! I like the nails, I've got some coming next week for the challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I've gone through a few DSs too! I'll be keeping an eye out next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.