Tuesday 2 July 2013

Layla Coffee Love - Plus Random Ramblings

Greetings All!

So, it's July now?! How the heck did that happen?! I'm doing a 'no buy for July', meaning I am trying my very best to not buy any new polishes this month. I'm letting you know, so that it's all official lol. Hopefully this will help me, as I won't want to face you all if I break it! 2 days in and I'm OK so far - I'm waiting on nail mail ordered in June, so hopefully that'll tide me over!

I also dropped off the face of the planet for a couple of days - our brilliant next door neighbour cut through our phone line. So we've had no internet or phone since Sunday lunchtime! First World problems I know, but it's been like the Dark Ages here! Thankfully it got fixed today - it's easy to forget just how much modern life relies on the internet (my life at least!).

I would also just like to blow my own trumpet a little bit - June was a pretty good month here on the blog. I passed 20,000 page views, 5,000 page views in June, 500 Facebook likes, and 100 followers on Bloglovin'! So thank you everyone! It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself lol.



Anyway, onto the polish already! I bought several Layla holos from Sally Magpies in their sale - Less than £4 a bottle? Beyond bargainous! Coffee Love is a brown linear holo, although the actual brown shade is a little hard to distinguish because of all the rainbow!

I know some people aren't overjoyed with the application of these - they can drag quite a bit! I find that by doing 3 medium coats, and using 2 strokes instead of the normal three, they apply pretty well. Maybe it's more hassle than it should be, but personally I think it's worth it for the effect!

This is 3 coats, with a normal base coat, and Seche Vite topcoat (they recommend no base or topcoat, but I'm a maverick!)






The only way you can tell it's brown lol

See, this is why we need more sunny days! I only really wear holos on sunny days - it seems like a waste otherwise! These polishes are also obscenely holographic in artificial light, but my camera refuses to acknowledge the rainbow.

I don't think I really need to say anything else - the ;pictures say it all really! Superb holographic glory.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I keep trying to go on no buys but I fail. After I pick up a few of the China Glaze new summer neons I will stop for a bit...well try. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I never last with no-buys either! That's why I'm making it 'public', in the hope that it will force me to not buy anything!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.