Monday 22 July 2013

Chirality Cereal Killer Collection

Greetings All!

I guess July has unofficially become indie month round here! Confession - in May and June I splashed out a bit on some indie polishes. I now have quite the little collection! So obviously I'm compelled to share. I bought these polishes here.

I've been eyeing up these beauties for a while. They combine loads of things that I like - glitter in a crelly base, bad puns, and murder lol. It was never 'if' I was going to buy them. It was always a case of 'when', because they are just so me! I know that the names are not everyone's cup of tea, but they are clearly done with tongue firmly in cheek, and personally I think they are fabulous! Worst case scenario - ignore the names and just look at all the glitter!

To save money, and make sure I could try the whole collection, I ordered the mini set. There's 8 polishes in total, and with shipping, it would have worked out quite expensive! However now, of course, I need the full size bottles, so I haven't really saved any money!

The little mini bottles did provide me with a bit of a dilemma though. I didn't want to just swatch them and take them off, as that would waste them! But I did want to try them on, and it might have taken months to do if I just waited until I wanted to wear one. So I decided to try them on one finger each, to get a better idea of what they looked like on the nail.

Things get a bit picture heavy from here, so I'll launch straight in! To save me repeating myself, these all applied beautifully. They are all one coat over white (Sally Hansen Ivory Skull), apart from Frosted Speck which is over 2true shade 11, and the glitter payoff is just fantastic! There was a little bit of dabbing involved with the larger glitters, but nothing unmanageable. Generally speaking, they are great polishes to use.

The collection was released in two parts. This is the first part.






Special BTK





I loved the red and white combination - it kind of looks like blood!

Raisin Gein



I thought I would love this one, but I only like it. It isn't as punchy as some of the others.

Bundy Berries



SO full of love for this one! Even though it's blue! It's so fresh and clean looking. Yummy!

Dahmer Crunch




Oh, I wonder if I'm going to like black glitter in a white base? Of course. Loads of glitter in this one. It reminds me of cookies and cream ice cream.

And that was only half of them! Here is the second part of the collection.



Frosted Speck




Surprisingly, my least favourite. I thought I would love the glitter-in-a-nude-base, but maybe it's lacking a bit of colour?

Apple Jack The Ripper



A lovely selection of green glitters (check out that huge circle!). It's a very Spring polish. I do have a thing for green, so I didn't have to try very hard to like this one!

Starkweather Pops



I was hesitant about this one (yellow?!) but I love it! It reminds me of pineapple and coconut - those yellows are so juicy looking!

And finally, Gacy Charms



So, this is maybe the best thing ever. All those colours, and shapes? Amazing. With the other polishes, I'm considering the full size. With this one, I'm considering getting more than one full size, so I'll have a backup. Its my favourite of the collection, by miles and miles!

The second collection obviously has much more exciting glitter, but then I like the colours in the first collection, so overall, they make a fantastic set! I'll end up with at least five in full size I think! They are probably my favourite indies so far - I love the pale crelly base, the colours, the amount of glitter, and the dark, punny names. 

I hope you'll forgive me for the 'mini' version lol. I'm sure I'll share them with you when I wear them properly!



4 comments:

  1. i love the nude one! if you ever consider selling it, you know where I am *wiggles eyebrows* hahaha!

    love the others, crellys really look good on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I LOVE me a good crelly!

      It's only a mini, but I'll keep you in mind! lol

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.