Monday 24 June 2013

UK Indies - Pocket Money Polishes Glitter Babies - I Put A Spell On You

Greetings All!

I mentioned last week I would be featuring another UK indie brand this week. Well, just this month, Charlie from Pocket Money Polishes released her own collection of polishes, called Glitter Babies (awww!). This is a polish from that first collection, which are all named after songs.

Here's how Charlie describes I Put A Spell On You:

Green stars, purple hearts with orange matte squares and a shifting rainbow.
This polish was inspired by my favourite version of this song,
a cover by Creedence Clearwater Revival – a bit of bayou voodoo magic in a bottle.

It's Halloween colours! One of my very favourite colour combinations. Of course that also makes me think of the Bette Midler version of the song from Hocus Pocus!

My first instinct was to put this over black, but I also wanted to see how it looked over another colour, so I kind of have accent fingers!









The lilac is Models Own Grape Juice, and the black is Barry M Black Multi Glitter (not W7 Black! I'm evolving!). I thought the holo glitter would tie in nicely with the iridescent glitter in IPSAOY. 

It's super sparkly and super pretty! I had to do a bit of placement with the hearts and stars, but I don't mind that with large glitter - it means you can put it where you want it!

I'll be honest, I don't love it over the lilac. I wanted to go with a deeper purple, but I thought I would 'lose' the hearts...I often make rubbish base colour choices! I'm already thinking of other colours to out it over though (Blue. And grey. And hot pink!). I think it looks pretty freaking amazing over the black though!

You can buy Glitter Babies here. They are mostly sold out, but there are a couple of bottles of this Baby left!

Gliiter Babies 2 will be released on July 1st. However, I do have some swatches of two of them coming your way later this week!

You can also visit here for all the latest news and infomation on Pocket Money Polishes, and Glitter Babies!


6 comments:

  1. You should try it over a bright blue or bright pink for a pop of colour! i think the new collection looks really great. i might try one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They're ever so pretty, and perfect for Summer!

      Delete
  2. Actually every time I see this one swatched I wish I'd got it, it's so fun! Looks great =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm glad I snagged this one - I can see myself using it often!

      Delete
  3. This is some awesome polish! I am embarrassed to say I am still learning how to use this type of polish combined with stamping. You know like polish with a lot going on that is basically nail art its self?? Pretty!! I love it on both colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I consider glitter to be a kind of nail art lol. I don't usually combine it with anything else, but stamping? I think I'll have to give that a go!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.