Thursday 20 June 2013

Tri Polish Challenge June 2013 - Manicure 2

Greetings All!

Time for the second installment of this month's TPC! The rules are simple - to create 4 manicures, using three polishes, representing three pre-determined colours. If you would like to join in (and I thoroughly recommend it!), you can do so HERE. Here is a reminder of the polishes I'm using this month:

Barry M Gelly Nail Paints in Passion Fruit, Dragon Fruit and Plum.


Today I decided to try a technique I hadn't tried before! I'm always a bit scared, in case it totally fails, but I usually have excellent beginner's luck (it's when I try to recreate it that things go wrong!), so I went for it.

Sugar spun nails look amazing, but I always look at them and think that they look like a lot of mess, a lot of cleanup, and generally a lot of hassle! Plus they take ages to do. But it was my day off, and I was watching movies, so I didn't notice the time too much.








They aren't perfect - I did touch the dotting tool on my nails a couple of times, but once I got the hang of it, they weren't too hard to do, and overall I'm very happy with them! I don't think they would last too long without bits chipping off, but I had to take them off for work anyway. I'll definitely be trying these again - I saw someone do them in brown, so they looked like chocolates, and I really want to try that! Cleanup was a bit of a pain, but no worse than I was already prepared for!

Be sure to check out everyone else's nails, and the TPC will be back on Tueday!


8 comments:

  1. You did an AMAZING job for your first time! I'm totally way nervous to try this technique out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      If I know myself, my second attempt will be rubbish lol
      You should give it a go - although a bit fiddly, it's pretty easy!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty!! I love this look. I have not yet trief it. I am a picker though. It would not last with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm a picker too - that plus work means it would have lasted no time at all!

      Delete
  3. Love it! I will have to give this a try to... I am not a fan of clean up either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I won't lie, it was a pain. But I think it was worth it in the end!

      Delete
  4. I need to try sugar spun! This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I don't know why I put it off for so long - it really was simple to do!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.