Sunday 9 June 2013

Sun-Tried-Day Darling Diva Polish X Rated

Greetings All!

Another Sunday, another untried! This week I'm being all hipster and showing you an indie polish I got recently from a blog sale by Penny For Them. The crazy chick was getting rid of all sorts of lovelies, so I snapped up 2 Glitzology polishes, and this one.

I'm still very new to the world of indies, and I still find the whole thing really intimidating! There seems to be a thousand indie brands, each with a thousand polishes - I can't keep up! Glitzology was the first indie brand I tried, so I buy those when I can (Diet Cokehead is one of my few lemmings!), and I noticed this pretty little thing and, well, I had to have it. It looked so cute!

Anyway, X Rated is a mix of coloured hexes in a pinky purply jelly base. It looked pretty sheer, so these pics are 2 coats over 2 coats of OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y? It's changed the colour of X Rated a bit, but I don't really mind, and I wanted to keep the jelly feel to it.






You can see it's quite a different colour from the 'true' colour, which is much more purple, but I didn't want to 'waste' it by using lots of coats. Personally I still love it, and I think me and this little diva are going to be very happy together! She's quite the stunner. This was two easy coats, minimum dabbing and a great amount of glitter. I love the squishy jelliness of it, which is why I'm glad I went with the jelly base.  It's so cute and fun and cheerful! Happy nails lol.

I'll admit I didn't really have much awareness of Darling Diva Polish (see? New to this - too many brands!), but I already have 5 more, thanks to her amazing 5 for 25 deal - 5 polishes for $25, plus shipping (shipping that took 6 days/4 working days! Super fast!). I love the surprise element to it, as you don't know what you'll get, and I'll be showing you those very soon (I now have an untried indie area, so I must be getting the hang of them slowly!). All five are gorgeous, especially the purple holographic jelly (yes, I used those three magic words together!) I might have to reserve $25 each month, because it's like an amazing lucky bag of polish!

You can buy Darling Diva Polishes from Etsy HERE, from Llarowe HERE, aaand maybe other places but I'm not sure! Remember, new to this lol.

How into indies are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.