Saturday 29 June 2013

Summer Paisley Gradient

Greetings All!

Late night posting! I scheduled this, but it decided not to work!

It's been a hot, sunny Summers day here, so I've dragged some suitably Summery nails out of the vault! This is one of the (many) manicures I did while my computer was being fixed.

I started with a gradient of Barry M Grapefruit, Satsuma and Plum, sponged onto Sally Hansen Ivory Skull, because I couldn't decide if Grapefruit or Satsuma was the lighter colour! I topped it off with some China Glaze Golden Enchantment, which I LOVE. Sparkly gold holo glitter? Yes please!




I love the orange-going-into-purple bit! I've been going a bit crazy for the Barry Ms recently, and using them a lot! They stamp, they sponge, they only take 2 coats...pretty good really! I wore this for a day, then added some paisley stamping from BM315, using Barry M Gold Foil.





This was much more striking in my head - the gold seems to have faded into the background a bit. Apart from that, I was pretty happy with it! It's hot and Summery, very much like today. I should be lounging by a pool with nails like this!

Is it a hot one where you are?

11 comments:

  1. I really like these! They're so pretty. Reminds me of sarongs or saris =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      They remind me of sarongs too - adds to the Summer vibe!

      Delete
  2. Oh it is super hot here!! Uggg... I stayed in the house all day! I love this mani!! I saw at Sally's they have an ombre China Glaze kit. I didn't buy it as I have all the colors in it. They have one with this purple and orange. I was going to do a gradient with these colors. So pretty together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Tey do seem to go pretty well together - good old Barry M lol

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that gradient! The stamping looks great over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Gradients and stamping are 2 of my favourite techniques - I'm surprised I don't use them more often!

      Delete
  4. This is seriously gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Even though it doesn't quite look like it did in my head, I'm still pretty happy with it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It took me forever to get the hang of gradients, but I think I'm getting there!

      Delete
  6. Love the gradient and paisley stamping. Its so pretty

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.