Friday 28 June 2013

Llama Nails Nerd Challenge - Week 2: Space



Greetings All!

Today is meant to be Double Challenge Friday, but I only bought hole reinforcers today, so my half moon nails for the 31DC will have to wait until tomorrow! I do have half of it though, in the shape of space nails, for the Llama Nails Nerd Challenge.





My initial reaction was to do galaxy nails, but for some reason I decided to stamp instead. Before I show you though, I have to tell you about the saga of Revlon Royal.

I first bought RR last Summer, on a market stall. I didn't know what it was (a jelly!), I just needed a plain blue for nail art, and this seemed to fit the bill. I used it a couple of times, then it just sat with the rest of the collection.

I then saw a blog post where someone had used it for a jelly sandwich, and the penny dropped. I owned a blue jelly! I love jellies, this has been well documented, but they can often be hard to find unless you know what you are looking for (you can't really do an efficient search for 'jelly nail polish', you need to know that a particular polish is a jelly). I actually have a few polishes that have turned out to be jellies, but not one in this colour! I leaped to my collection to grab it, and...it was gone! No big deal, I thought, stuff goes walkabout in my room all the time, it'll turn up in time!

Fast forward about 6 months, and I still couldn't find it. Not under my bed, not down the back of my bar, nowhere! So I finally caved and bought a new bottle (99p from Fragrance Direct!).

And that brings us to yesterday, when I finally had my first real 'go' with it. And it is beyond perfection. Squidgy, rich, and fabulous. I am SO in love. I couldn't resist a few pics of it plain (boring, I know, but shush!).




It's jelly-tastic! I keep thinking of all the glitter and stamps I could fit between those 2 coats. This is seriously a thing of beauty. A joy forever! I stared at my nails for ages, literally almost drooling.

Aaand then I went and stamped all over it. Because I am...foolish.







I stamped with Barry M Silver Foil and CH5, CH45, CH46, and BM14. I like the cute little rocket! But I like the base colour much more.

Why not have a little look at some more spacey nails?


6 comments:

  1. I need to check out what this new challenge is, I thought the new one wasnt until the eras had finished! Anyhow, I like these nails they remind me of a duvet cover I once had :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do seem to be running concurrently! I know I'm going to struggle with some of the theme though - I'm kind of a rubbish nerd!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute!! I will have to use this polish! I saw how popular the color was and I found it super cheap at a drug store so I picked it up. It looks amazing on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It's a seriously gorgeous polish lol

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.