Thursday 23 May 2013

Tri Polish Challenge May 2013: Manicure 2

Greetings All!

As I previously mentioned, I'm very happy with all my TPC manicures this month. The hardest part has been choosing which order to post them in! I'm going to be lazy and not tell you the rules again - surely you know them by now! Here's a quick reminder of the polishes I am using for all four TPC manicures this month.


Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue, Asda Witchcraft and OPI The Thrill of Brazil. These are also the only polishes I used (no black or white etc). It's a separate little challenge I set myself - I kind of pretend that these are the only three polishes I own! (Ugh, the horror!)

Here's today's manicure:





After my adventure with striping tape last week, I was eager to use it again! They aren't 100% straight (especially my troublesome index finger), but I'm still happy with them. I also 'upped my game' by sponging a gradient over the striping tape!

I started with a base of Witchcraft (I considered a reciprocal gradient, but I thought that was probably stretching myself too far!). I applied striping tape, then sponged a gradient of Thinking of Blue and The Thrill of Brazil and removed the tape. There is a bit of purple where these two mixed, which I think might be frowned upon (we aren't allowed to use any other colours), but it isn't really purple, it's just some red and blue mixed together lol!

I'm pretty proud of these - they aren't perfect, but they did involve using two techniques, and I'm always happier when I put the effort in. At least I tried, even when I don't succeed! I think these are successful though.

10 comments:

  1. This mani is awesome!! I love it! I want to try this one day! Maybe not on all my nails because I would probably mess it up. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I think it would look pretty good as an accent nail.

      Delete
  2. I need to jump on the bandwagon of striped gradients! Looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Next time I must attempt a reciprocal gradient (I'm scared though lol)

      Delete
  3. Love your own little challenge! :D
    And this is a gorgeous look - your gradient is amazing! **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      The polishes get the credit - fortunately I chose two that gradient well!

      Delete
  4. So love that effect, but never tried it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You should try it! Believe me, nothing I do is ever very difficult, or I wouldn't be able to do it!

      Delete
  5. Stunning , I love everything about this mani Great Job! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.