Wednesday 8 May 2013

She Who Does Nail Art Challenges: Jewellery

Greetings All!

My second post of the day! The theme for this weeks challenge, hosted by She Who Does Nails, is jewellery. Now, I don't wear much jewellery. I have quite a few necklaces that I wear from time to time, but that's about it! However, I do have a sort of 'permanent jewellery' - my piercings and tattoos! So I did some nail art based around that! (Personally I think it's a pretty awesome idea, but that may just be me lol)

So I started off with 3 coats of OPI Samoan Sand, which is very 'skin toned'. I then found stamps that were pretty close to some of my tattoos.




OK, there's quite a bit of explaining here! By some good fortune I had stamps to match the tattoos I couldn't easily take a picture of, but as only one is an exact match anyway, I'm only a little bit annoyed.
I stamped my thumb with BM322, to represent an ankh tattoo I have on my hip. It doesn't have the 'flashes' around it, but my selection of ankh stamps is fairly limited (there's a sentence I never thought I'd say).

My index finger I am very proud of - I used BM206 to make a decal that is an exact match to a tattoo I have on the back of my neck! If you are unfamiliar with this technique, I read about it HERE, I was directed by...I can't remember who, I'm sorry. Anyway, it's a method of turning nail stamps into decals, where you can 'colour them in', in my case with OPI The Thrill of Brazil. It's a bit fiddly, and you can see I got a couple of air bubbles trapped in there, but I'm pretty happy with it for my first try!

My middle finger has bats, courtesy of BM213, to represent the bat tattoo on my arm. It was my first tattoo, although I did add more bats to it at a later date. I used Konad Black for all the 'tattoos'

My ring finger represents my three lip piercings, the oldest of which I have had for nearly 13 years! I stamped with BM02 and OPI The Thrill of Brazil, then added silver caviar beads as my 'piercings'.

My little finger has a chain, stamped with BM12 and Barry M Silver Foil. A lot of my necklaces just have simple chains like this (I couldn't find a fifth tattoo stamp lol)

I finished it all off with matte topcoat, to give it that 'skin' look (eewww!).

So, big thanks go to Bundle Monster for their excellent selection of stamps!

Here is a bonus picture of a tattoo I could take a picture of, and it couldn't really be more fitting.


That is on my left wrist. Yeah, I'm pretty weird.


Please be sure to check out everyone else's jewelly nails!


3 comments:

  1. I really like this idea! It's very different!
    I love finding out about people's piercings and tattoos-I don't think I'm gonna get any more myself (Haha, yet!) but I love seeing other people's and learning their reasons for getting them.
    Fab job! I really like the lip stamp/bead combo to represent your piercings =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've got an Ankh tattoo as well :) I like how you've done it around your piercings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love this like tattoo's I have got 6 and were I go is making a sleeve for me can't wait until the drawing is ready
    Like them in Nails to

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.