Friday 17 May 2013

Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge Week 8 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Greetings All!

So, today is the last week of the Girly Girl Challenge! Booooo! I've had a lot of fun with this challenge - a lot of it is nail art I wouldn't have done otherwise, as I'm not a girly girl! But it has forced me to 'think outside the box' a bit, which has been fun, and in some cases I've created nail art that I'm really pleased with! And of course there has been some beautiful nail art from everyone who has taken part. Super inspiring! So here is a last reminder of all the themes we've covered



So the theme this week is 'Girls just wanna have fun', and, as with most of the themes, I had a hard time coming up with something! I mean, fun nails, that's a pretty broad topic!

The nail art I always think is the most fun is animal print. There's still a part of my mind that's completely blown by the thought of having animal print on my nails! Also I thought it would be fun to do it in very un-animal colours, if that makes sense. So here are my fun nails!






So I guess this is what unicorns might look like, if they were zebras? Lol, I don't know. It's fun though, right?

I started with  a base of OPI Alpine Snow, then sponged on the five colours from the Models Own Fruit Pastel collection (like I did for THESE nails), because last time I really loved the look. I then stamped with BM223 and Models Own Pukka Purple, which I think proves that it isn't a neon! I finished it off with a coat of Butter London Frilly Knickers, for a bit of sparkle. I rather like the end result! I think it's very cute.



Please take a moment to look at everyone else's nails, and I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been involved with this challenge, hosting, participating, or just looking! I've had a lot of fun and I'm really going to miss this challenge!


6 comments:

  1. Definitely very fun! I'm surprised by how much I like these, they're not really my colours at all but the combination is really awesome! Definitely what zebra-unicorns would look like, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I love the sponging under the stamping!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! Unicorn zebra! I am totally trying this colour combination - looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab! Wish I'd found your blog earlier so I could've joined in the challenge :(

    Can I be really nosey and ask where you got your zebra stamper from? Thanks, Lou x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      The zebra stamp is from the second Bundle Monster series, and I buy 99% of my stamps from Amazon. Hope that helps!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.