Wednesday 17 April 2013

Accessorize Bumble Bee and Dragonfly

Greetings All!

Today I have 2 polishes from Accessorizes makeup range. I must admit, I'd  never paid their stuff much attention until I saw some polish swatches online. They have a really good range of glitters, duochromes and metallics, as well as a lovely 'sprinkle' range, one of which I have shown you already (HERE). I have another 2 from that range today!

First up is Bumble Bee, a pretty orange with matte black glitter. Of course if it has black glitter, I have to have it! This is 2 coats, with topcoat.





I was really happy with this polish - the coverage and glitter dispersal is very good, and it's a really nice shade of orange - not too bright, but with a good depth. As it has matte glitter, I couldn't resist a matte topcoat.


Love it. Very wearable - it doesn't shout 'look at me!', it just sits there all pretty and understated until you notice it.


Next is Dragonfly, which is blue glitter in a pale jade green base. Again, this is 2 coats with topcoat.





Now, this glitter isn't matte :( but that's all I have to say that's negative really! Again, good coverage. I like how you don't have to work with the glitter too much - minimal dabbing required! The colours are nice together, although they remind me more of a reptile than a dragonfly. However Bumble Bee makes me think of tiger print, and tigers don't even have spots, so ignore what I think lol. Oh yes, and I managed to pick up the one bottle without a label, and I was too embarrassed to ask to change it so I could take pictures of it!


With matte topcoat. I feel like I haven't been 'mattefying' much recently!

My local Accessorize doesn't stock their own range of makeup, I'm not sure about others because they sell them in Superdrug! So I didn't need to go out hunting for them. Anyway, they're 2 for £5 in Superdrug at the moment, or this range is £3.45 each.



1 comment:

  1. Bumble Bee is really pretty! But I've only tried one Accessorize polish and I absolutely hated it (awful formula and smelled horrid) :(

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.