Tuesday 5 February 2013

Flip Flop February Day 5: 3D or Decal

Greetings All!

Today I am loving my nails, they are so badass! They were deeply impractical, they made simple things difficult (like doing my hair or putting a coat on!) but personally I think they were worth it!

3D nail art isn't usually my cup of tea, because they are so impractical. I always look at them and think, 'how would you put your hand in your pocket?' I'm also a picker, so they wouldn't last long. But today was a great excuse to use some 3D decals I had sitting around.







So this is my Nails Inc Bling It On Leather manicure! I have already used the tan polish HERE, but up until now, I hadn't used the black polish or the little skulls. This was the perfect excuse! These gold skulls were actually from the tan set (the black set has silver skulls) but I only have gold studs, so I used gold skulls to match them.

I am loving this polish. I know opinion is a little divided on it, but personally I think it's fabulous. I love matte finishes, and texture. Plus, these make me feel like a rock star! And how cute is the little skull?!

These were also pretty easy to do. 2 coats of the leather polish, the skull was put on with nail glue, and so were the little round studs (from eBay, if you're interested). I didn't think clear polish would be enough to keep them on as I wasn't using top coat. My thumb is supposed to be randomly studded. I figured that if I tried to make a pattern, it would end up looking random anyway so why bother lol. They sat very smoothly on the nail. I probably could have worn these for a couple of days if I wanted. The skull did stick up, but that's what I expected. He was fairly easy to remove and clean with acetone, and can be reused.


I don't own a fan brush, so tomorrow will be a glitterbomb. Hmmm, do I have any of those?


Remember to check out everyone else's 3D and decal manicures!


5 comments:

  1. Ah we had a similar idea! I am dying over that skull!! How fast does that leather nails inc. dry??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany I would say it dries fairly fast, sort of average polish drying time. I did 2 coats and I was ready to put the decals on after about 15 minutes, which to me is fairly standard for 2 coats. It definitely didn't take longer than a normal polish. Hoop that helps!

      Delete
  2. I love the finish of these nails! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! I need to show this to one of my friends. Shes really into skulls and studs. Right when I saw your design I thought of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look so badass!
    This might be the most bad ass manicure I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.