Thursday 28 February 2013

Flip Flop February Day 28: Recreate Your Favourite Day

Greetings All!

Well, another challenge over! 59 days of non-stop challenging, and I didn't even fall behind! I would like to say a quick thank you to Jilltastic Nail Design for organising this challenge, all the lovely ladies that have taken part and shown us all such beautiful nails each day, and to all of you who have read my posts, left such lovely comments, and generally just been completely awesome people! I've had a lot of fun, and I feel like I've learned a lot!

Next month I'll be taking things a little easier. I still have lots of fun ideas, and to be honest it'll be nice to be able to choose how to paint my nails lol! Untried Mountain is still growing (faster than I can polish lol) so there'll be some plain swatches as I try to work through them. I'll be taking part in some weekly challenges, which will give me more time to develop my ideas, and hopefully bring you better nails! And if any of you have any ideas, or would like to see something on the blog, just let me know! Some feedback would be awesome!

On to today's nails. The final nails! I had a hard time choosing my favourite day. There were so many I liked, and several I wanted to change or make better. In the end I chose Wings from Day 19, because I loved the colours, the gradient, the sparkle, and the design, and also I wanted to use the striping brush with my dominant hand, to see if I was any better! Last time I used my non-dominant hand. Here is a reminder of Day 19


It's good, but it's not great. My lines are too wobbly and uneven. I wanted to see if I could do better with my left hand.


I got another picture of the unpainted gradient! I know you don't really need to see this, but it's quite nice for me to be able to look back and see the progress I have made! And this one isn't half bad! Collection 2000 Dynasty, and W7 Purple, topped with Butter London Frilly Knickers. I love this polish it's so much like fairy dust in a bottle it's perfect!






So, this is a little better than the previous attempt. My lines are a bit more even and not as wobbly. Still not great though. And it doesn't have that spindly, fragile quality that the first one had. Still, overall I like it! I like both days!



So there we go. Officially all done! All you need to do now is remember to check out everyone else's recreations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.