Saturday 16 February 2013

Flip Flop February Day 16: Animal Print or Stripes

Greetings All!


Today I have decided to combine Seven Days of Sally Hansen with this challenge, to save a bit of time and effort! So we'll start off with a few plain swatches, and then we'll move onto the nail art!

Today's polish is called Yellow Kitty (err, LOVE the name!) It's a pretty pale yellow, a little more muted than the usual pastel yellow though. It's pretty much the colour of butter. For a pale colour, it has a lot of richness (again,like butter lol). It also went on fairly easily for a yellow (I often find that yellows can be streaky and tricky to apply well). This is 2 easy coats, no top coat








Apologies for the little thumb injury - the peril of cats!


This is yummy. It's not as bright as the other pastel yellow I own, but I like the slightly muted look better. And I definitely prefer it to bright yellow!


Onto the nail art! Today's choice is animal print or stripes. I guess I could have combined them into tiger stripes, but I did that for last months challenge. And leopard print! So I felt I should choose another animal. Giraffe print fit this colour, and also looked pretty easy. Here's what I came up with:



I freehanded some irregular shapes using a nail brush and 17 Tiger's Eye, a rich deep caramel colour. I didn't use topcoat, which is why it looks quite bumpy. I probably should have. Still, they look quite giraffe-y!


Remember to check out everyone elses nails!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love it!! I think the giraffe print is totally unique!
    And giraffe's look adorable when they sleep!
    http://ansam518.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/sleeping-giraffe.jpg
    ((Not manicure related, but cute)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the giraffe look. I still haven't done mine like that but your yellow is amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.