Sunday 17 February 2013

Flip Flop February Challenge Day 17: Delicate Print or Newspaper

Greetings All!

Another weekend nearly over! As I have mentioned before, I get Tuesdays and Wednesdays off work, So Monday has started to feel like Friday. Which is actually deeply, deeply sad!

On to the nails. I've never been interested in the newspaper print technique. Maybe I should have tried it because I never have, but really it just does nothing for me so it was never really an option! I went for delicate print. I originally intended to do feathers, but I couldn't find my teeny nail art brush and I was using a very pale base colour, so I had to choose something else. I couldn't decide, so I cheated a little and went for stamping!

Today is the seventh day of my 'Seven Days of Sally Hansen', and so the base colour for this manicure is Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Green Tea. It's a lovely colour, and a great base for nail art! Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of it plain! As you can see, it's a pale, muted mint green (a lot of these Sally Hansen's are muted down, and I for one am loving it! I think it's more elegant than a brighter shade). These pictures are 2 coats, and great formula as always!







Green Tea is quite a delicate colour to start with, so I felt I had a bit of freedom with the stamping. I chose GA29, a swirly, flowery, wallpapery stamp, and Barry M Gold Foil. It's a little bit subtle (wait, not subtle. Delicate!) but I think it fits the theme pretty well. Soon I am going to run out of this style of stamp! I don't know what I'll do then! (I do know. I'll totally just buy more!)


Remember to check out everyone else's nails!

Stay tuned tonight for the season finale of 'Seven Days...' *dramatic music*

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that combination of colors! It reminds me of Butter London's Two Finger Salute, but with gold instead of copper.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.