Thursday 14 February 2013

Flip Flop February Challenge Day 14: Valentines or French Tips

Greetings All! We're at the halfway point in this challenge!

Happy Valentines to those who celebrate it! I've never really been bothered with it.

Because of that, today is french tips (hey, you got hearts yesterday!). French tips are like the first 'arty' thing I learned to do with my nails, many years ago now. Having said that, I'm still not great at doing them. I didn't want to go with the plain nude and white, but I also wasn't in the mood for funky colours. I wanted something a bit elegant. Here's what I came up with.





Mmm black lace french tips! I started with No 7 So Simple (not quite 'mannequin hands', but the closest I currently have!). I then did black tips using W7 Black and some good old Sally Hansen nail guides. I had planned to use some black lace nail stickers I have, but they were straight, and the tips were curved, so it looked a bit weird. I decided, after harping on about french nail stamps, to have a go stamping. I figured as I already had the tips, it might be easier to just stamp on something a bit lacy. I used BM18 and Konad Black and just focused on getting the top bit on my nail. For the most part, I think it went pretty well!

Unfortunately my Seche Vite picked up a little bit of the stamp and spread it across my thumb! I only got it for Christmas, and there's about a third of a bottle left! It's also starting to get a little thick. I think I'll have to invest in one of those massive salon bottles (115ml I think?) and some Restore.


Tomorrow we move onto the right side of the challenge!!


Remember to check out everyone else's nails. I have a suspicion that there will be valentines manicures a-plenty! 




1 comment:

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.