Tuesday 12 February 2013

Flip Flop February Challenge Day 12: Drips or Matte

Greetings All!


Today I have decided to incorporate both elements of the challenge, and I've done matte drips! I've never tried drips before. Oh! And I should also mention, I changed my nail shape! I love almond shaped nails, so I thought 'why not?!'. I know that square nails are the current fashion, but they were long enough to shape and I really wanted to try them, so I did. Never fear though, 3 or 4 days later I suffered a catastrophic break, so I'm sure they'll have to go back to square soon enough.

Onto today's nails. I started with W7 Black (surprise!), and used Asda matte topcoat. Then I tried to think what the opposite of matte black would be. I decided on holographic glitter!




This is Models Own Northern Lights, the counterpart to Southern Lights (which I used HERE). Northern Lights is a pale pink holographic glitter, which gives full coverage in 2 coats. It doesn't kick out quite as much colour as it's Southern partner, but is still very sparkly. It was also very easy to draw drips with! On my thumb and forefinger I tried to draw the outline. On the other three nails I just painted down my nail, then joined them up at the bottom. The only problem was, it was pretty thick by the end (you can see in the pics how thick it looks. It even did something weird to the shape of my nail on my middle finger!). Next time I'll just use a creme polish!




Remember to check out everyone else's nails!



















1 comment:

  1. I like the glitter against the matte black. I think it looks totally classy.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.