Monday 21 January 2013

31DC Day 21: Merge or Melt

Greetings all!

This is a rather apt theme for today, as we still have quite a bit of snow here and I for one want it to melt! Sure it looks pretty to start with, but it's quickly turning grey and it's cold and wet and miserable!

Today, again, you have two manicures to look at! Because I'm good like that. The first one I did I call 'Winter melting into Spring'.




This is OPI Alpine Snow, with a fairly rubbish gradient of a england Dragon, and some snowflake and flower stamps to show the transitions of the seasons. I LOVE the concept. The, execution, I'm not too sure. It's kind of cute, but at the same time it didn't really look like anything on the nail..

So this was going to be my manicure for today, but last night sorting the photos, I didn't think it reflected my best work. So I knocked up a little something that I was happier with. I call this one, 'My Nails Are Cold'.







Technically I'm not sure if these nails are melting or freezing. For the purposes of this challenge, they're melting! I like this look. It's very seasonal!

This is 2 coats of Boots No7 So Simple as a base. I then painted on some Models Own Southern \Lights in streaks going up my nail, to try and imitate a bit of frost (holographic frost!). Then I painted on 2True Glitterati in Shade 1 and 3. These gorgeous glitters deserve their own little mention!




Shade 3 is a deep blue jelly with various blue and silver glitters and hexes. Shade 1 is lighter and a bit more soupy, with a lot of silver glitter. Both are beautiful and are reminiscent (to my untrained eye lol) of indie polishes. They are both very unusual. But where does one find such unusual polishes? Which obscure website? Actually, these are from my local Superdrug and are £1.99 or 3 for a fiver! They are limited edition though, so keep an eye out!



Tomorrow - fabric! I wonder which fabric has been inspiring me for the last week? Stay tuned to find out.

OR, go have a little look see at how everyone else is merging and melting!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so in love of your nail art designs. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.